The Convergent Risk Group, consisting of Convergent Risk Privacy Limited, Convergent Risk Management Limited and Convergent Risk Privacy Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we collect
Information you provide on a voluntary basis
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information for example, in the course of filling in a form on our Site, subscribing to receive a service, or through inquiries or surveys. This information may include:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and address;
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- Personal details including gender and date of birth;
- Payment or credit card information;
- Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference; and
- Content you may provide via a form on our Site.
The provision of such information is voluntary, however, failure to provide certain information may affect your experience of our Site, as well as the goods and/or services we are able to offer. Some of the information may include sensitive information, the processing of which is either based on a legal obligation or on your freely-given consent (which can be withdrawn at any time), as appropriate in each case.
Personal data we collect automatically
When you visit our Site, certain information may automatically be collected and stored on our servers for the purpose of system administration, security, backup and technical support and for statistical use. Such information may comprise may include:
- Date and time;
- Originating IP address;
- Domain name;
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser);
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser);
- Object requested;
- Completion status of the request;
- Geographic location; or
- Language preferences.
Use of personal data
Typically, we will use and process your personal information for our legitimate interests to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Enable the use of and make improvements to our Site;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- Manage customer, supplier and vendor relationships;
- Meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity.
We may use your information in other ways but will ensure that we notify you of these and seek your freely-given consent (which can be withdrawn at any time) when necessary.
Information we share
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may share personal information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site. Where a condition of us entering into a contract with you, we may share personal information with credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
We may also share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, subsidiaries and other group companies. If we share your personal information with such persons, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We may also disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights; or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation), but only where we have first taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information.
How we protect your information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, such as pseudonymisation and encryption, designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Service providers and contractors who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, provide adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose. We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collecting such information, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We may transfer to and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information.
Information we collect about you may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the provision of any goods or services to you, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect the information as described in this privacy notice and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of information to countries outside the EEA. By submitting your information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Links to other websites and applications
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites and applications of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to contact us and request access to the information we may process and use about you. You may request that inaccurate, outdated or no longer necessary information be corrected, erased or restricted. Where permitted by applicable law, you may request that your information be transmitted to another service provider, as appropriate in the circumstances. Where the processing of your information is based on consent, for example for the processing of sensitive information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you are not happy with our response to your requests, you may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com , or alternatively you can write to us at: Convergent Risk Group, 377 – 399 London Road, Camberley, GU15 3HL.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.
This privacy notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you, to reflect changes in our processing of your information and privacy practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our privacy notice and indicate at the top of the privacy notice when it was most recently updated.
How to contact us
The Convergent Risk entity responsible for the processing of your personal information (i.e. the data controller) will depend on how you interact with our Site. Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice or the privacy practices of Convergent Risk Privacy Limited, Convergent Risk Management Limited and Convergent Risk Privacy Limited, are welcomed and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , or alternatively you can write to us at: Convergent Risk Group, 377 – 399 London Road, Camberley, GU15 3HL.